2) Posted at five feet above the floor level;
3) Located in a position that is readily visible when the doors are in the open and closed positions.
Sign shall specify the following:
1) The stairway identification, such as STAIR 1 or WEST STAIR, shall be placed at the top of the sign in 1-1/2” block lettering with 1/4” stroke.
2) ROOF ACCESS or NO ROOF ACCESS shall be placed under the stairway identification in 1” block lettering with 1/4” stroke.
3) The floor level number shall be placed in the middle of the sign in 5” block lettering with 3/4” stroke. Basement levels shall have the letter B preceding the floor number. Mezzanine levels shall have the letter M preceding the floor number.
4) The floor levels served by the stair, such as B3 THROUGH 12, shall be identified at the bottom of the sign in 1” block lettering with 1/4” stroke.
5) The level of exit discharge and direction to that level shall be indicated on the sign in 1” block lettering with 1/4” stroke.
6) Characters and their backgrounds shall have a non-glare finish. All lettering shall be in sharp contrast to the background (light letters on dark background or vice versa).
More STAIRWELL Signs HERE